In keeping with our mission and the Christian spirit, the Methodist Health System Foundation (MHSF) values health, wellness, and wholeness by offering, supporting or advocating programs and services through our grantmaking program.
MHSF supports programs and services for the citizens of the metropolitan New Orleans area with an emphasis on the communities of New Orleans East, Gentilly, and St. Bernard.
Methodist Health System Foundation strives to provide support to citizens of Greater New Orleans with an emphasis on the communities of New Orleans East, Gentilly and St. Bernard.
- Improve the physical, emotional, and mental health status of the community, including access to healthcare, promotion of healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
- Assist programs and collaborative partnerships that address the root causes of social and economic factors that contribute to the social determinants of health (including family and social support, education, employment, community safety).
- Provide grant funding of operations with specific goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Provide technical assistance to nonprofits to build capacity, strengthen leadership, increase effectiveness, and achieve sustainability.
MHSF provides two types of grants:
- Strategic grants - MHSF provides funding to healthcare programs/projects of nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that serve our mission and strategic programmatic goals. We engage in discussions with organizations that meet our strategic focus. MHSF does not accept unsolicited general applications.
- Community donations - We provide small support grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in the four (4) parish region of Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Jefferson. These donations may be in the form of sponsorships or discretionary donations for organizations, programs or events.