Methodist Health System Foundation established its School Based Health Center (SBCH) program to provide outstanding medical and mental health resources and services necessary to promote and improve the academic development of students through collaboration, advocacy, and education within the community.
Goals of the School Based Health Center include, but are not limited to:
- Improve access to primary health care
- Provide quality medical intervention (physical and mental health care)
- Coordinate care with community partners
- Provide health and wellness education for students and parents
- Reduce teen pregnancy and STD rates by advocating sexual abstinence, screening, and treatment